Setup Absolute Service to use Office 365 for emails

Version 1

Details

PROBLEM
    If your organization would like to use Office 365 to receive and deliver emails from LiveTime, this article will help you do so.

ENVIRONMENT
    LiveTime 8.1+
    Office 365
    Outlook 365

RESOLUTION
    You can setup the email relay using Office 365's Client SMTP Submission settings found in this [url=https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn554323(v=exchg.150).aspx:]TechNet article from Microsoft.[/url:] The information below is a summary of this process which includes the LiveTime settings you must change.

In the example below, I will use servicesupport@HEATsoftware.com for the example Office 365 email inbox and user name.

[list=1:]

• If an email inbox you want to use for LiveTime doesn't already exist, create an email inbox in Office 365 that you would like to use. This inbox can be used as the primary mailbox for LiveTime. My example inbox that I've created is servicesupport@HEATsoftware.com .
  • Important: If the inbox you're using already exists, and already contains emails in its Inbox, please delete all the emails in that email's Inbox. If you do not delete those emails, they will either create new incidents or generate many reply emails (depending on LiveTime's email configuration).
  • In LiveTime navigate to the Admin Dashboard > Setup tab > Email tab > Server tab.
  • Fill in the appropriate information as seen in the image below (click to view larger):

[attachment=0:]Office365EmailSettings.JPG[/attachment:]

• In the Receiving - User Name, Sending - Reply To and Sending - User Name locations, enter the email address of the inbox created in Step 1. In my case, I will use servicesupport@HEATsoftware.com in all three of those locations.
  • Click the Test button to test emails. You should receive a notification indicating that the connection was successful, the number of emails in the Inbox, and that a test email was sent. If so, click the Save button to save the configuration.
  • Navigate to one or more teams in the User Dashboard > User tab > Teams. Ensure that the Incoming Email address set for the team is an existing email inbox in Office 365. In my example, all of my teams use the servicesupport@HEATsoftware.com email address.

Once all of these steps are completed, the configuration is complete. You can now send emails through Office 365 via LiveTime.

Resolution

PROBLEM
    If your organization would like to use Office 365 to receive and deliver emails from LiveTime, this article will help you do so.

ENVIRONMENT
    LiveTime 8.1+
    Office 365
    Outlook 365

RESOLUTION
    You can setup the email relay using Office 365's Client SMTP Submission settings found in this [url=https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn554323(v=exchg.150).aspx:]TechNet article from Microsoft.[/url:] The information below is a summary of this process which includes the LiveTime settings you must change.

In the example below, I will use servicesupport@HEATsoftware.com for the example Office 365 email inbox and user name.

[list=1:]

• If an email inbox you want to use for LiveTime doesn't already exist, create an email inbox in Office 365 that you would like to use. This inbox can be used as the primary mailbox for LiveTime. My example inbox that I've created is servicesupport@HEATsoftware.com .
  • Important: If the inbox you're using already exists, and already contains emails in its Inbox, please delete all the emails in that email's Inbox. If you do not delete those emails, they will either create new incidents or generate many reply emails (depending on LiveTime's email configuration).
  • In LiveTime navigate to the Admin Dashboard > Setup tab > Email tab > Server tab.
  • Fill in the appropriate information as seen in the image below (click to view larger):

[attachment=0:]Office365EmailSettings.JPG[/attachment:]

• In the Receiving - User Name, Sending - Reply To and Sending - User Name locations, enter the email address of the inbox created in Step 1. In my case, I will use servicesupport@HEATsoftware.com in all three of those locations.
  • Click the Test button to test emails. You should receive a notification indicating that the connection was successful, the number of emails in the Inbox, and that a test email was sent. If so, click the Save button to save the configuration.
  • Navigate to one or more teams in the User Dashboard > User tab > Teams. Ensure that the Incoming Email address set for the team is an existing email inbox in Office 365. In my example, all of my teams use the servicesupport@HEATsoftware.com email address.

Once all of these steps are completed, the configuration is complete. You can now send emails through Office 365 via LiveTime.
  •