You may receive an 'Unable to initialize the GoldMine listener' error message when performing a mail-merge
This message is normally caused by multiple copies of Winword.exe running in Windows Task Manager
- Close Microsoft Word
- Open Windows Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL > Start Task Manager)
- Click the Process Tab / newer Operating systems also Details Tab)
- Verify that there are no copies of Winword.exe running
- If there are (see above example)
- Highlight the instance of Winword.exe and Click End Process
- Start Microsoft Word again and try and perform the mail merge again from GoldMine.
NOTE: It is recommend that Microsoft Word is running prior to starting the merge as this will ensure the GoldMine listener is active prior to performing the mail-merge.