Lumension Endpoint Management and Security Suite (LEMSS) 7.1 and higher
When attempting to recover password for an encrypted removable storage device, the following error message it presented:
‘You don’t have sufficient rights to export a key to media. You’ll have access to media your media until you unplug it or turn-off your computer. Please contact your administrator.’
The device permission assigned to the endpoint or user does not have the following permissions for self contained encryption:
- Export to media
There is an issue in the product where you cannot select the 'Export to Media' check box without selecting the 'Encrypt' option. This should be addressed in a future release.
- Go to Manage > Device Control Policies in LEMSS web console.
- Select the encryption policy assigned for the user or endpoint and click on Edit.
- In the Permission Settings windows, select Encrypt (this would enable Export to media automatically) and click Next until you are finished with the policy settings.
- Verify in Rtnotify that the Device permissions have been applied.
- Proceed to recover password again.