How to design a child panel that can show all incidents where the current incident's customer is populated in either the Customer or the Reported By fields.

Version 1

Details

Customer would like a tab on incident to not only include that incidents where the Contact record is linked as the Customer, but also list the incidents where that Contact is linked as the "Reported By" contact

This article describes one approach used to accomplish this goal.

Resolution

Make a new Incident relationship
    Select Incident as the Other object
    Set a display name and internal reference - i.e. IncidentAssocIncidentForCallHistory
    Set the Cardinality: Zero to One on the left and Zero to Many on the right
    Set the Fields to Profile link on the left, RecID (Primary Key) on the right
    Leave all other settings at default and save the new relationship.
    Create a new child panel on the layout/formView in use.
    Name the Child panel (tab) - i.e. Call history
    Click to select the Object 
      Use the 2nd option: "Use only rollup relationship(s) to grandchild objects"
      Select the Business Object Incident
      Add 2 rollup chains
       Name Each appropriately - i.e. CallHistoryAsCustomer and CallHistoryAsReportedBy
       Check the box for "Show rollup records by default"
       The first chain should have these relationships defined (for Call History as customer):
       Rollup chain:
        Incident
    Frs_CompositeContract_Contact
    via IncidentAssociatedCustomer

The Second chain should have these relationships defined (for Call History as Reported By):
       Rollup chain:
        Incident
    Frs_CompositeContract_Contact
    via IncidentAssociatedCustomer

Save the Settings and populate the remaining child panel settings for layout, form etc as normal.

Now we can see all records in a single tab where the Customer on the current record is populated either in the Customer field or in the Reported By Field.