Lumension Endpoint Management and Security Suite (LEMSS) with Lumension Anti-Virus (LAV) 7.2
Some company security policies require an infected endpoint be taken off the network prior to updating the Anti-Virus definitions and performing additional scans. This means the endpoint is not able to communicate to the LEMSS server to receive updated Anti-Virus definitions.
For HEATsoftware Anti-Virus, use the following steps to update LAV definitions in the event the endpoint has to be taken offline:
NOTE: Please ensure the AV Definition files on the LEMSS server are updated!
- On the LEMSS server, locate the Anti-Virus definition files in the Install Directory\HEAT Software\EMSS\Content\AntiVirus\Definitions folder
- Based on the Operating system architecture, the following files needs to be copied to a removable storage device
- 32bit Operating System av32bit\avx folder.
- 64bit Operating System \av64bit\avx folder.
- On the infected endpoint, stop the LEMSS Agent service in Windows Services
- Insert the removable media storage device and replace the files in C:\ProgramData\HEAT Software\EMSSAgent\data\persist\live\AV\ScanEngine\1 folder
- Start the LEMSS Agent service in Windows Services
- Launch HEATsoftware EMSS Agent Control Panel, click on AntiVirus followed by Scan Now & Events
- Click on scan now
C:\Program Files (x86)\HEAT Software\EMSS\Content\AntiVirus\Definitions\av32bit\avx