ERROR: Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue... when starting the GMSETUP.EXE in order to upgrade an existing GoldMine version
[STEPS TO REPRODUCE]
1. Start the GMSETUP.EXE
- The current used GoldMine version cannot be upgraded .
- Usually every official released versions of GoldMine can be upgraded to a newer version of GoldMine, the current installation build is most likely based on an alpha-, beta-, release candidate or another unofficial GoldMine version/build.
- Please keep in mind that GoldMine Technical Support does not support any not official released versions of GoldMine
- It is absolutely recommended to create a full running backup of the GoldMine database
- It is absolutely recommended to make a backup of the current GoldMine (shared) folder where the LicenseGMxx.BIN, the DBALIAS.INI and the USER.INI files reside.
1. With administrative rights via the Windows Programs and Features Uninstall Programs feature > Uninstall / Remove GoldMine
During the uninstall all exe, dll, ocx files will be removed, also along the related registry keys for the original GoldMine installation, BUT the full GM.INI, DBALIAS.INI, LicenseGMxx.BIN and USER.INI files will be retained.
2. Start the GMSETUP.EXE file again, this will trigger a new installation rather than an upgrade installation
3. Select the option Install GoldMine to connect to an existing database and provide the original GoldMine (shared) path where the LicenseGMxx.BIN, the DBALIAS.INI and the USER.INI files reside
4. Proceed with the installation as usual and the installation will finish successfully.
5. Log into GoldMine with master rights and verify data and intended paths for example via Help > About GoldMine > Button System