Description: This covers the steps necessary to generate a report that shows installed software and displays it grouped by software count. Through this method of using the report designer you can edit what is displayed and what is not displayed. By default a report on software will display every computer where the software is installed. This shows you how to count each device where the software is installed and provide a total without displaying the devices.
Example of the report:
1) Launch the LANDesk Management suite 32 bit console
2) Right click My Queries and click “New Query…”
3) Select Device Name – Exists
4) Click Insert
5) Click the button labeled Select Columns
6) Remove the columns on the right with the << and leave the column labeled Device Name
7) Select the Machine Component: Computer | Application Suites | Application Suite | Name and click the button labeled >>
8) Change the sort order to have Application Name be 1 then Device Name to be 2
9) Name the Query and click Save
13) Name the report and give it a description
14) Click the button labeled Select
20) Click on the Group Header1 title bar so the properties for the Group Header1 is displayed in the properties box on the right
21) In the properties box click on the field labeled "DataField"
22) Click the drop down box by DataField and click Name (This represents Application Name)
25) Scroll down the properties window on the right until you find the summary section
Change the SummaryFunc to Count
Change the SummaryGroup to GroupHeader1
Change the SummaryRunning to Group
Change the SummaryType to SubTotal
28) Change the text in the textbox in the properties for the text box under Data | Text
29) Save the report design
30) Preview the report to see what other cosmetic changes you feel are necessary. Some additional formatting may be desired.