Incident Creation Email not sent - Our customer created an incident and reported that the Created-email was not sent to the customer.   I can't find the created-email in the log, it seems as the first mail with the request number is an update-email, when

Version 1

Details

Incident Creation Email not sent
    ---------------------------
    Our customer created an incident and reported that the Created-email was not sent to the customer.

I can't find the created-email in the log, it seems as the first mail with the request number is an update-email, when the first note was created.

I have created a new request on the same customer, and the created-email was sent. But we wonder why it was not sent on the first request.

Resolution

This scenario can be replicated if immediately after the incident is created, the Save button is not pressed. The cancel option button may be pressed, or another tab is selected.

This causes the incident to be created without a creation mail being sent.

The reasons for this are that the Save button confirms the creation of the incident was intended. By omitting to press this, the user may then choose to delete the incident, for example.

Therefore the Save button needs to be pressed upon creation of an incident to ensure the creation mail is sent.