- After keying user credentials on GoldMine Web login page, the following error happens:
Login failed for user 'sa'
- The GoldMine Connect log shows:
GoldMine.Models.ApplicationExceptions.ClientInformationException: Login failed for user 'sa'.
NOTE: There can be two different root causes to this problem and in some cases both root causes need to be addressed.
- Root cause #1 - IIS does not have the proper access to the GoldMine Share.
- Root cause #2 - SQL 'SA' credentials are populated in the GoldMine User Settings > Properties > Access tab.
1. Set GoldMine Mobile Application Pool in IIS as a Domain Administrator by:
a. Open IIS Manager.
b. Right-click on the GMMobileAppPool application pool.
c. Select Advanced Settings, then Process Model > Identity.
d. Click the ellipses button (...) next to ApplicationPoolIdentity.
e. Select the Custom account radio button.
f. Click Set.
g. Enter the Windows User name (e.g., gmmobile) and Password.
NOTE: The User name/Password combination must be the same in all locations where the User (Example gmmobile) is added.
2. Perform an IIS reset.
3. Test the result.
1. Log user out of GoldMine.
2. Login to GoldMine as a user with MASTER rights.
3. Click Tools > Users Settings > Highlight user > Properties > Access tab.
4. Remove credentials under "SQL Logon name:" and "SQL Password:" > OK > close.
5. Perform IIS reset.
6. Test the result.
NOTE: The steps for root cause #2 are on a per user basis.