When trying to reindex or rebuild an error message appears 'Failed to drop index CALRECID cannot drop the CALRECID because it enforces the fulltext key for table or indexed view dbo.CAL'
The SQL Full text search service still has a lock on the index that you are trying to recreate.
1. Stop the full text service by opening services.msc >> Right click on SQL Full-text Filter Daemon... >> Stop:
2. Verify that a fresh and full backup of the GoldMine SQL database(s) exists.
3. Delete/Drop the full text index for CALRECID from SQL Server Managment Studio (NOTE: Please reference the following link for this process: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms142521%28v=sql.105%29.aspx) by opening SQL Server Management Studio and:
A. In Object Explorer, right-click the table that has the full-text index that you want to delete.
B. Select Delete Full-Text index.
C. When prompted, click OK to confirm that you want to delete the full-text index.
4. Open the login screen for GoldMine
5. Input any credentials with master rights (but make sure not yet to login)
6. Hold Down the CTRL and click 'OK'
7. Click the 'Maintain' Button
8. In the GoldMine Maintenance Wizard perform the identical steps as in the original attempt, for example 'Individual Files' or 'All Database Files' and select the maintenance options as originally intended like only re-indexing the table(s) or performing a full rebuild and pack on the table(s)
If Full text Indexing is not installed on the SQL instance then either Full text indexing needs to be installed on the SQL instance so that the above steps can be performed or it will be necessary to delete the index/indices via SQL script. In this case it is best to consult a GoldMine Solutions Partner or SQL DBA.