Contact records in GoldMine are not curtained, but users are not able to see them in the Contact Search Center (CSC)
[STEPS TO REPRODUCE]
1. Go To >> Search >> Contact Search Center
2. Button Columns
3. Tab Column Selection
4. Add the Facebook (UFACEBOOK) field
6. Search for certain records you know they are in the database and should be available for the user.
7. Tab Column Selection
8. Remove the Facebook (UFACEBOOK) field and if applicable every further user defined field from the column selection
10. Search for certain records you know they are in the database and should be available for the user.
Here the same scenario but this time the CSC column UFACEBOOK is removed.
- The affected contact records do not have a corresponding CONTACT2 record as there should be a one-to-one relationship between CONTACT1 and CONTACT2. For every CONTACT1 record there should be a CONTACT2 record.
1. Verify which and how many records are impacted - records where no CONTACT2 record exists via SQL query.
SELECT ACCOUNTNO, COMPANY, CONTACT,PHONE1 FROM CONTACT1
WHERE ACCOUNTNO NOT IN
(SELECT ACCOUNTNO FROM CONTACT2)
2. On the result set the users experiencing the behavior should then verify if these are such records they were 'missing'.
If the above query results in a certain amount of records there are 2 possibilities to correct them
A. If the list is relative small like up to 30 records or so,
1. A master user or the user should make sure that there is no user defined field in the CSC Columns (see above)
2. Search for the record
3. Open the record one time (once a record is opened the missing CONTACT2 record will be created automatically)
4. Move on with searching for the next record
B. If the result set is very large it is recommended instead
1. Make sure to have a full running backup of the database
2. With master rights
3. Tools >> Data Management >> Global Replace
4. Exchange the values of two fields
5. Exchange the values of both fields, then for example the field USERDEF01 with field USERDEF01 (they must be identical as otherwise the data content will be changed which is not a desired goal here)
6. Most important setting: Expand partial records which will in case the CONTACT2 record is missing, create the record.
After that the users should verify again for those missing contact records even with a user defined field in the column selection of the CSC as they should be now available.