Ivanti Security and Patch News
- (August 11, 2017) REALVNC version 6.2.0 has been released by RealVNC.
- NEW: VNC Connect is now available in Brazilian Portuguese.
- NEW: Under Red Hat Linux distributions, VNC Server in Virtual Mode can now utilize the version of the Xorg server running on the system, rather than the out-of-date version built-in to Xvnc.
- Desktop environments such as Gnome 3 and modern applications and extensions will likely be compatible out-of-the-box. See how to set this up.
- The VNC Connect download now consists just of VNC Server and supporting programs, for computers you are licened to control.
- VNC Viewer is no longer bundled. You are free to download VNC Viewer to as many computers and devices you want to control from as you like. Installation changes.
- VNC Viewer for macOS is now a disk image (DMG) that you can install by dragging it to the Applications folder.
- In VNC Viewer, you can now drag-and-drop a computer onto a label in the sidebar to assign that label to the computer. To create a new label, right-click on the Address book.
- You can set the QueryOfferViewOnly VNC Server parameter to FALSE to remove the view-only option from the prompt shown when VNC Viewer users are attempting to connect (leaving just the reject and accept options).
- Please visit the following pages for more details:
- Vulnerability ID – REALVNCv6.2.0
- Vulnerability ID – REALVNCv6.1.1
- (Added the replacement information.)
New Patch Downloads
Where to Send Feedback
At Ivanti, we are constantly striving to improve our products and services and hope you find these changes reflective of our ongoing commitment to listen to you—our partners and customers—in providing the best possible solutions to meet your needs now and in the future. Please continue to provide feedback by contacting our local support organization.
Ivanti Product Support
Copyright © 2017 Ivanti Software. All rights reserved. Ivanti is either a registered trademark or trademark of Ivanti Software, Ltd. or its affiliated entities in the United States and/or other countries. Other names or brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Information in this document is provided for information purposes only. The information presented here is subject to change without notice. This information is not warranted to be error-free, nor subject to any other warranties or conditions, whether expressed orally or implied in law, including any implied warranties and conditions of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Ivanti disclaims any liability with respect to this document and Ivanti has no responsibility or liability for any third party products of any content contained on any site referenced herein. This document may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without our prior written permission. For the most current product information, please visit http://www.ivanti.com.