I have been asked to share my simple test web service.
The web service does not do much
- It can return "Hello World"
- It uses an external web service to convert weight units
- It returns "1 gram is 0,001 kilogram" by using the external conversion web service
Sources can be downloaded here:
Installation in IIS
- Extract the content of SOAPyService.7z into a subfolder of c:\inetpup\wwwroot on your IIS web server
- Now you should see the folder in your IIS Manager
- The next step is to convert this folder into an application
- Now we need to set the default document on the application, to ensure the application is been loaded by IIS as soon as we hit the URL
- Test you webservice by entering the web service url on the server
- If you used the same folder name as shown in this article this will be http://localhost/SOAPyService/
- You should see a webpage similar to this one