This goal of this document is to address common issues seen when logging into the Core Console and provide troubleshooting techniques.
Before Getting Started:
1 ) Ensure that the user you are trying to login as is a valid Console user. If you are in doubt, you can run the following SQL statement on the SQL server to check the ConsolerUser table:
select * from ConsoleUser
2 ) Are you able to login to Windows on the Core using the account in question? If no, there is something wrong with the account itself and should be verified in AD before proceeding. If yes, does pass-through authentication work? You can test this by opening the console and clicking "Log in" without entering a password. If login fails, proceed to the troubleshooting steps below.
General Best Practice:
These steps are best-known troubleshooting techniques known to resolve multiple issues.
1) Check the console.exe.log for detailed information of what is failing. This log can be found under ProgramFiles\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\log. This log will be you best friend in honing in on the problem.
2) Run an iisreset and remove Temporary ASP.NET Files on the server in an elevated PowerShell using the following command:
iisreset /stop; Remove-Item '\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v*.*.*\Temporary ASP.NET Files\*' -Recurse -force ; iisreset /start
3 ) Open Ivanti Configure Services and ensure the database information and credentials is correct
4) Manually create rights and resolve user groups by running the following executables explicitly as administrator, found under ProgramFiles\LANDesk\ManagementSuite:
5) Reset the account password
6) Reboot the server
1) Authentication failed. Verify the credentials are correct and that the account is not locked or disabled.
As the error message indicates the first thing you will want to check is that the account is not locked or disabled in Active Directory. If the issue is outside of the account, follow the General Best Practice steps. This will resolve the majority of issues.
- This login error is a symptom of the add AD user button being greyed out addressed in this doc: Unable to add AD user | Add button Greyed Out
- Additional documentation on this issue:When logon core console, error: Authentication failed.
2) Console Initialization Error: Error calling ParseLocalConnectionString Parameter name: local_conection_string
A comprehensive troubleshooting doc can be found here: Console Initialization Error: ParseLocalConnectionString When Launching the Console
- Unable to login to Web Console: LDMS Unable to login to Web Console