With the launch of MacOS High Sierra by Apple, Ivanti provides support for the new Mac operating with the release of Ivanti EndPoint Manager 2017.3, and also in 2016.3 SU6. This release provides support for all features of Ivanti EPM, with the exception of MacOS OS Deployment of High Sierra images running on an APFS file system. Support for Provisioning and APFS has been added in 2017.3 SU1, but unfortunately cannot be added into 2016.3 SU6.
- Ivanti will NOT be providing a patch for EPM 2017.1 to enable compatibility with MacOS High Sierra. If support for High Sierra is required in your environment you are encouraged to upgrade to the latest version of Endpoint Manager 2017.3 once it releases.
- As with previous releases of MacOS, and according to Apple's best practices, Ivanti maintains an "n-2" support model for MacOS. With the release of High Sierra the Ivanti Supported versions of OS X\MacOS are:
- 10.11 OS X El Capitan
- 10.12 MacOS Sierra
- 10.13 MacOS High Sierra
- If you require an Agent to support 10.10 Yosemite please backup copies of your existing agents before applying the update to your server.
How to get the update
EndPoint Manager 2017.3 is available here: Downloads for Endpoint Manager (formerly LANDESK Management Suite and Security Suite)
EndPoint Manager 2016.3 SU6 and 2017.3 SU1 can be obtained by contacting Ivanti Support.
- *FIXED* FileVault errors out when attempting to enable it via EPM Security Content.
- Please review this document for instructions on enabling FileVault: How To: Manage FileVault Disk Encryption in Endpoint Manager
- *FIXED* APFS File System Support in MacOS Provisioning.
- Please apply SU1 or later for APFS support in MacOS Provisioning.
- *FIXED* Configure Agent Action and the Reboot action in MacOS Provisioning fail.
- Please apply SU2 or later for this fix.