While adding additional files to a package a 404 error occurs. Specifically 404.8
One of the sub-directories has a file/folder that is not accessible.
Navigate to the HTTP path where the files/folders are located. You will get an error accessing the page.
Change to a UNC Path
Modify IIS Configuration
- Open IIS manager and browse to the directory that is not accessible.
- Click on "Request Filtering".
- Click on the "Hidden Segments" tab.
- Highlight "bin" or any other Segment listed that is in your file/folder path.
- Click on "Remove" on the right hand menu.
- Restart IIS
- Test adding the additional files from the previous directory to your distribution package.