When logging into GoldMine Web, the Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration blocks a web page https://www.googletagmanager.com
- Usually on the GMConnect Server
- After logging into GoldMine Web via Internet Explorer a message appears
Content from the website listed below is being blocked by the Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration
(happens also for https://www.google-analytics.com )
If you trust this website. you can lower security settings for the site by adding it to the Trusted sites if you know this website is on your local intranet, review help for instructions on adding the site to the local intranet zone instead
Important: adding this website to the Trusted sites zone will lower the security settings for all content from this website for all applications. including Internet Explorer
- This message appears when the Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration (IEESC) is activated
- By default and intention GoldMine may collect information that other information that cannot be readily used to identify you, including but not limited to technical information about your device, system and/or application software, the domain name and IP address of your computer, pages you visit and related data. This information about the intention appears at the end of the GoldMine Connect installation process along with an information how this can be turned off, but the Web.Config for GoldMine Connect has not been adjusted.
- All GoldMine Premium Edition users are able to access GoldMine Web through a web browser using their GoldMine ID and password. No additional license is required.
- A password is required to access GoldMine Web.
- We may collect other information that cannot be readily used to identify you, including but not limited to technical information about your device, system and/or application software, the domain name and IP address of your computer, pages you visit and related data. We may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, to improve our software and services and to enhance user satisfaction, for technical administration of our website, research, and development and customer and account administration. You agree that HEAT Software may use this information, as long as it is in a form that does not personally identify you.
To opt out, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\GoldMine Connect\Web.config and update "enable_gtm" to "false".
1. Browse to the GoldMine Connect Installation folder (by default this is in C:\Program Files\GoldMine Connect or C:\Program Files (x86)\GoldMine Connect)
2. Open the Web.Config file with Notepad
3. Search for the setting enable_gtm
4. Change the value from true to false
5. Save the Web.Config file
6. Perform an IIS reset
7. Verify again and the IE ESC popup will not appear anymore for the mentioned 2 sites
- The message can be also suppressed by adding the required site(s) to the Trusted Websites
- The message can be also suppressed by disabling the Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration (IEESC)
>> Both methods will change the overall system and may lower the desired security of the system. Changing GoldMine Connect's Web.Config file will change the initial intention and will not gather further data