End user purchased an authority certified certificate, loaded to Avalanche, tested with https://<ServerAvalanche>/MDM to verify certificate was successfully loaded.
But when attempting to connect the device using enrollment information the server certificate is getting failed.
Cause of the issue:
Server.crt file is not prsent inside the avalanche smart device server installation folder.
Usally when user purchases a certificate from a third party company it must be in PKCS #12 format and include a private key. It happens that you received only the .p12 file, then you need to export the the private key from the .p12 file.
Here are the instructions
1. Double click on the .p12 file and click next on Certificate Import Wizard.
2. Under the private key protection enter the password and check "mark this key as exportable" and clcik on next
3. click Next on next pages and once you click on finish you will receive a message " Import successfull"
4. open Microsoft Mangement Console by typing "mmc" in cmd
5. Add certificates snap-ins from available snap-ins and click on OK
6. Identify the .p12 file you imported under Personal folder and open it
7. Navigate to Certification path and check who issued the certificate, note the name i.e., in the example below the it is issued by "Ivanti-Poland-CA"
8. Try to find the certificate with the exact name which you noted down in step 7. Right click on the certificate and export it with "server" as name of the certificate file
9. copy this file to Avalanche installation folder i.e., usally located in C:\Program Files\Wavelink\Avalanche\SmartDeviceServer\webapp\wam
10. Upload the .p12 file to your Avalanche server and enroll the device.