ProblemConsider the following RES ONE Workspace scenario:
- Managed application (i.e. Internet Explorer) configured .
- Parameters filled with Microsoft App-V 5.x parameter /APPVVE with a valid GUID to an App-V 5.x application.
- The Microsoft App-V 5.x package is installed only on selected machines.
- The managed application is set available to all users .
On machines that don't have the Microsoft App-V 5.x application installed the application might give an error.
I.e. a managed application Internet Explorer is started with /APPVVE to an App-V 5.x package.
When a device does not have the Microsoft App-V 5.x application installed and the managed application is started, the following error might be displayed :
'Cannot find <URL> /appvve <GUID>. Make sure the path or internet address is correct.'
CauseThe managed application can't cope with the Microsoft App-V 5.x /APPVVE command.
RES ONE Workspace now offers the possibility to configure an application that will run inside a Microsoft App-V 5.x virtual application bubble only if the virtual application package is deployed. To enable this new feature, the parameter /ROW:NoPkgDelivery was introduced.
When configuring the application, add this parameter to the Parameters field that also contains /appvve:<PACKAGEID>_<VERSIONID> (on the Properties > General tab of the application).
/ROW:NoPkgDelivery /appvve:<App-V 5.x application GUID>_<version GUID>
With this parameter, if the configured application is started in a session where:
- the App-V application package is not deployed, then the application will start but the /appvve parameter will be ignored
- the App-V application package is deployed, then the configured application will apply the App-V application
This parameter will become available in RES ONE Workspace 2016 SR1.
In case the Service Release is not (yet) available or in case the Service Release cannot be installed, a revision containing this update is available on request at RES Support.
IMPORTANT: A revision contains multiple fixes. Only apply this revision when you are experiencing a specific problem. Unless you are severely impacted by this specific problem, RES Software recommends that you wait for the next service release containing these fixes.