When using Folder Redirection for the Windows User Profile Folder (i.g. Desktop, Document, and Download Folders)
to a fileserver and starting a managed application from the redirected Desktop (UNC path) a Securtiy Warning
pops up before starting the application.
CauseThis is caused by the Local Intranet settings in the Internet Properties of Microsoft Windows.
SolutionChange the Local Intranet Zone in the Internet Explorer settings;
- Go to Control Panel > Internet Option
- Security tab
- Open Local Intranet > Sites
- Select the option Include all local (intranet) sites not listed in other zones
- Select the option Include all network paths (UNCs)
- Go to Advanced
- Add the name and/or IP address of the fileserver which holds the User Profile Desktop folder.
Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates >Windows Components > Internet Explorer > Internet Control Panel > Security Page > Site to Zone