The message "Unable to build the core server activation file" is displayed when attempting to activate the LANDesk Management Suite Core Server.
The group policy "System Cryptography: Use FIPS compliant algorithms for encryption, hashing, and signing" has been Enabled. The default setting is Disabled.
Disable the group policy in the group policy editor either on the domain controller or on the local client
- On the local client go to Start | Run: gpedit.msc
- Open the navigation tree to Local Computer Policy | Windows Settings | Security Settings | Local Policies | Security Options
- Right click on "System Cryptography: Use FIPS compliant algorithms for encryption, hashing, and signing" and click Properties
- Change the option from Enabled to Disabled
- Click OK
- Run activation now with FIPS security disabled
Disable FIPS through a registry key change