ProblemConsider the following situation:
- The Windows Shell shortcut creation mode in RES ONE Workspace Console > Applications > Settings > is set to: Merge with unmanaged applications.
- Microsoft Office 2016 Click-to-run 32x is installed .
- An unmanaged Microsoft Office 2016 Click-to-run 32x application is pinned to the Start Menu.
- RES Workspace Manager 2014 SR3 or above is installed.
The same unmanaged Microsoft Office 2016 Click-to-run 32x application is also available a second time in the recent application list in the Start Menu, but than with the correct jumplist with recent documents.
When re-pinning the application form the recent application list in the Start Menu, the issue is only solved in the current user session.
CauseA custom AppUserModelId is set to the pinned unmanaged Office 2016 x32 application.
SolutionThe following solution can be applied to solve this issue:
Add the following registry key on the agents:
Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\RES\Workspace Manager
Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\RES\Workspace Manager
This will enable the original AppUserModelIds. Therefore the original application will be pinned and the jumplist of the recent document will be linked.
Optional - use if multiple shortcuts to the same process need to be created:
- Create a CustomAppUserModelIDs.xml file and place this in RES ONE Workspace Console > Administration > Custom resources.
- Add the application ID's of the Managed Application, of which you want to be able to have multiple shortcuts, into the CustomAppUserModelIDs.xml file.
HOWTO: Create the CustomAppUserModelIDs.xml file
This xml will be used in the whole environment and access control can be arranged within Application Management.