ProblemConsider the following scenario:
- RES ONE Workspace 2015 SR1 or higher is used.
- a managed application with Microsoft App-V 5.x is configured.
- Microsoft App-V 5.x applications are preinstalled in the devices (no package delivery mode configured on the managed application).
- the managed application does have Publishing by RES ONE Workspace enabled (Citrix Xenapp Published app or Microsoft TS RemoteApp is Enabled).
- within Publishing, the Settings tab > Enable Instant Passthrough > Settings button > Behavior tab > the Do not passthrough if application is available on local computer is checked.
In case of a managed application of a Microsoft App-V 5.x application, as of RES ONE Workspace 2015 SR1, we will first deploy a Microsoft App-V application when deployment is configured and run the local application instead of the published application.
We will deploy the Microsoft App-V application first when:
- Package delivery mode is configured (not set to None),
- the managed application has the Microsoft App-V 5.x integration enabled.
- the device has the Microsoft App-V 5.x Client installed.
- at Configuration > Action > At application start > an Action is configured:
- Execute Command > Enabled
- Execute Command > Run outside App-V virtual environment is Enabled
CauseIn this scenario, even when the Execute Command does not contain actions to deploy the Microsoft App-V application, we still try to launch the application from the local machine (instead of launching the Published Application).
SolutionCreate a new dummy managed application.
Adjust the Access Control and prevent this application from exposure to your customers.
Add the same Configuration > Actions > At application start > Execute Command to this new application as there was configured at the original failing application.
At the original application, disable the Execute Command action, instead, create a Linked Actions rule.
In the Linked Actions rule, select the new created dummy managed application.
In this scenario, when the user starts the original managed application, the Published Application will be started.
More information regarding Microsoft App-V 5 Package delivery mode in combination with Citrix published applications can be found on http://Blog.RES.com.
Look for article:
Microsoft App-V 5 Package delivery mode in combination with Citrix published applications.