ProblemConsider the following scenario:
- Ivanti Workspace Control session is running.
- An Ivanti Workspace Control managed application is launched.
- The shortcuts is pointing to "%respfdir%\pwrgate.exe" xxxx in which xxxx is the Ivanti Workspace Control managed applications ID.
- In the Ivanti Workspace Control console, File types are configured upon the Ivanti Workspace Control managed application at Composition > Applications : Application Properties > File Types.
CauseThe link stored in the Ivanti Workspace Control managed applications jumplist is referring to the wrong location.
SolutionConfigure the following:
- On the Ivanti Workspace Control application configure Process Interception and remove the File types set (if any).
- Set the InterceptManagedApps registry key to force the Target to point to the original executable instead of "%respfdir%\pwrgate.exe" xxxx in which xxxx is the Ivanti Workspace Control managed applications ID.
- Configuring this may result in the loss of the current jumplist, a new jumplist will automatically be generated by Microsoft Windows when using the application.
- Links in the jumplist which generate the error will not be repaired, they should be removed (right click on the link in the jumplist and select Remove from this list or Unpin from this list).
- The application needs to be re-pinned If the application was pinned on the taskbar before configuring the regkey InterceptManagedApps= Yes" in order to see the correct jumplist with the recent items. Application stacking will also work again after this. (Right click on shortcut in the taskbar and select Unpin from taskbar).