ProblemConsider the following scenario:
- You are upgrading from a version of RES Workspace Manager to a version of RES ONE Workspace 2015.
- On the affected agent computer, an end user is signed into a Microsoft Windows session during the install.
- The end user eventually performs a logoff or reboot of the affected agent computer.
- On the agent computer, the end user then logs onto a Windows session and notices that start menu items are missing.
- The end user reboots the computer and logs onto the agent computer again. The start menu items appear.
CauseThe registry value NOCOMMONGROUPS is not set to "0" after an upgrade to RES ONE Workspace 2015 if the end user is involved in the reboot process.
This issue is resolved in RES ONE Workspace 2016.
As a workaround set the following registry value during logoff or login, depending on what works in your environment
Registry Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
Value Name: NOCOMMONGROUPS
Data Type: REG_DWORD
Value Data: 0