Consider the following scenario:
- At Composition > Applications, a Microsoft App-V 5 application was configured with the following settings:
- On the Properties > General tab of the application, Package delivery mode was set to Minimal (per user) or Full (per user).
- The option Always use latest version of package was selected.
- A user with a mandatory user profile logged on to a RES ONE Workspace session.
- Different versions of the .appv file existed in the package folder.
- The user started the application, closed it again, and logged off.
- The user logged on again.
In this scenario, in the user session, when the user started the application, the following error might be displayed:
"The application failed to launch. This may be due to a network failure."
This issue is resolved in RES ONE Workspace 2015 SR1.
In case the Service Release is not (yet) available or in case the Service Release cannot be installed, a revision containing this update is available on request at RES Support.
IMPORTANT: A revision contains multiple fixes. Only apply this revision when you are experiencing a specific problem. Unless you are severely impacted by this specific problem, RES Software recommends that you wait for the next service release containing these fixes.
Prevent versioning of the Microsoft App-V 5 application on the package folder or turn off the Always use latest version of package option on the managed application.