ProblemEmail Signatures configured within an Email Settings Template are presented with the declared variable names instead of the variable values.+
The signature will contain %username% instead of the actual username.
CauseMicrosoft Office Word adds additional data when creating a signature that’s causing problems when resolving variables.
SolutionChange the default RTF editor to WordPad, TXT and HTML editor to Notepad by changing the associated program with the file types.
- Open Control Panel
- Open Programs (in Category view)
- Choose: Make a file type always open in a specific program
- Change the extension .RTF to WordPad
- Change the extension .TXT to Notepad
- Change the extension .HTML to Notepad