ProblemConsider the following scenario:
- Microsoft Windows 8 / 2012 or higher.
- Multiple Google Chrome managed applications are created.
- A customAppUserModelIDs.xml has been used according to knowledgebase article "HOWTO: Create the CustomAppUserModelIDs.xml file".
- For each Google Chrome application a customAppUserModelIDs.xml entry has been configured.
- No Tiles have been configured for the Google Chrome applications.
CauseFor Google Chrome the CustomAppUserModelIDs.xml is only applied when Tiles are configured for the application.
Without a Tile configuration the AppUserModelID for all Google Chrome applications will be set to the value "Chrome".
This will result in only one Google Chrome start menu item.
SolutionThis issue is resolved in RES ONE Workspace 10.1.0.0.
In case the Minor Release is not (yet) available, or in case the Minor Release cannot be installed, contact RES Support to obtain more information on the availability of a Revision.
IMPORTANT: A revision contains multiple fixes. Only apply this revision when you are experiencing a specific problem. Unless you are severely impacted by this specific problem, RES recommends that you wait for the next service release containing these fixes.