ProblemConsider the following scenario:
- At Composition > Applications, an Microsoft Internet Explorer application is configured with
the following settings:
- On the Configuration > Actions tab, an Environment Variable is configured.
- The environment variable contains a value of a website or other supported command line option for Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- On the Properties > General tab of the application:
- A Parameter is configured with the environment variable that is created before.
- For Automatic shortcuts, for Desktop, Set voluntary shortcut or Set mandatory shortcut is selected.
In this scenario, in the user session, when double clicking the desktop shortcut to start Microsoft Internet Explorer with the configured parameter, the application will fail to start.
SolutionThis issue is resolved in RES Workspace Manager 2014 SR3.
In case the Service Release is not (yet) available or in case the Service Release cannot be installed, a revision containing this update is available on request at RES Support.
IMPORTANT: A revision contains multiple fixes. Only apply this revision when you are experiencing a specific problem. Unless you are severely impacted by this specific problem, RES Software recommends that you wait for the next service release containing these fixes.