ProblemConsider the following situation.
- The operating system is Microsoft Windows8/8.1 or Microsoft Server 2012/2012R2
- A managed application is created for Microsoft Outlook 2013 and the preview pane is enabled
- An e-mail is received with PDF, XLS or XLSX file(s)
- RES Workspace Manager 2014 SR2 or higher is installed
- No process interception is configured for Adobe Reader/Foxit Reader and/or Microsoft Excel
In Microsoft Outlook 2013 the preview of these type of attachments is not presented.
Instead, a message is displayed:
This file cannot be previewed because there is no previewer installed for it.
SolutionThis issue is resolved in RES Workspace Manager 2014 SR3.
In case the Service Release is not (yet) available or in case the Service Release cannot be installed, a revision containing this update is available on request at RES Support.
IMPORTANT: A revision contains multiple fixes. Only apply this revision when you are experiencing a specific problem. Unless you are severely impacted by this specific problem, RES Software recommends that you wait for the next service release containing these fixes.