Error: Vbscript remote control viewer was not installed properly, please reinstall it.
The Remote Control Viewer has a stand alone installer.
There are two main files to look at:
Both are located in: \Inetpub\WWWRoot\Common
These should get updated as patches are applied to the Web Server for RC. The cab file has about 30 files that are required for the Viewer. Just launching the enuRCSetup.exe will work, but this is not an unattended process (you have to click "next"). This could be wrapped with LANDesk Package Builder, but the Package would have to be remade every time there is an update.
Install the RC Viewer for the Web Console manually
This can also be achieved by:
- Open up a web browser
- Browse to http://remote.landesk.com
- Click on gateway tools
- Click on support tools
- Download the remote assistance viewer and save it to the affected machine.
- Right click on the rcviewer.exe and click properties. If an unblock button appears in the properties then click it.
- Run rcviewer.exe to install the remote control components.
- The install will complete and prompt to enter the management gateway name, click cancel.
- Open a web console and begin remote controlling.
NOTE: These can be installed using Software Distribution. Run the installer with a /? for the switches, or extract out the MSI files from the EXE and use the standard MSI switches.