Changing the Theme settings for another user (Tools - User Settings - Select user - Preferences) updates the Theme for the logged in user, not the selected user
[STEPS TO REPRODUCE]
1. Log in as a user with master rights
2. Tools - Users' Settings
3. Select/Highlight another user
4. Button Preferences.
5.Change the Theme to something other than what it currently is for the User
6. OK >> Close
7. Log in as the specific User and verify
>> The Theme does not change for the user in question but instead for the current logged user with master rights
- Changing the Theme is not stored in the USER.INI as most other Preferences of other users, but instead in the ENVIRONMENT table
- This is logged as Problem # 58821
For further information where and how the Themes and related information is stored, please review Where is the information stored which Theme (and related Font and Font Size) a user is using in GoldMine 2018.1 and higher?
It would be possible to set the information in the back end for the user and while GoldMine Support does not recommend, support or troubleshoot any back-end changes in this area, we can provide the following information as-is and without warranty and only because the settings
- are not contact related
- are not sync-aware
- and in the end 'only' a user preference/option.
This is in no case to be used for any other operations where a RECID is needed, but solely for this scenario, while the below RECID strings should generate a unique RECID, the value for the recid is in no case even similar to the way how
GoldMine is generating the RECIDs.
insert into Environment values ('CurrentTheme', '2', 'BEAA','','S', '0', ('KAS5KOL'+ CONVERT(VARCHAR(5), RIGHT(NEWID(),5))+' W<'))
- This query can be used by just replacing BEAA with the username one by one and the desired Theme number 0 = Classic Theme, 1 = Modern Dark Theme and 2 = Modern Light Theme
- This query can be also adjusted and be used for the CurrentFont (Val = Name of available Font (for example Century Gothic)
insert into Environment values ('CurrentFont', 'Century Gothic', 'BEAA','','S', '0', ('KAS5KOL'+ CONVERT(VARCHAR(5), RIGHT(NEWID(),5))+' W<'))
- This query can be also adjusted and be used for the CurrentFontSize, 8, 9,10, or 11
insert into Environment values ('CurrentFontSize', '10', 'BEAA','','S', '0', ('KAS5KOL'+ CONVERT(VARCHAR(5), RIGHT(NEWID(),5))+' W<'))
The official way would be rather to let the users login and change their desired theme settings themselves via
1. Tools >> Options
2. Tab System
3. Select and adjust as desired the Theme and Font settings