Consider the following scenario:
- Microsoft Outlook is used in an Ivanti Workspace Control managed session.
- The settings from Microsoft Outlook are stored with User Settings.
- The session is forcibly closed, while an e-mail message is open in edit mode.
- The local profile is deleted.
- A new session is started and Microsoft Outlook is opened.
In this scenario, the following error message will be displayed by Microsoft Outlook:
We're sorry. We can't open NormaEmail.dotm because we found a problem with its contents.
Details: The file is corrupt and cannot be opened.
the NormailEmail.dotm is stored with NULL values, instead of actual data.
This happens upon compressing the User Settings.
This issue is resolved in Ivanti Workspace Control 10.2.500.0