|This article refers to Ivanti Antivirus using the Kaspersky engine. This article is not valid for Ivanti Antivirus 2017 (Bitdefender Engine)|
How to change the display language of the Ivanti Antivirus client UI
The steps below will guide you in changing the display language of the Antivirus UI into any of the supported languages: German (de), English (en), Spanish (es), French (fr), Italian (it), Japanese (ja), Korean (kr), Portuguese - Brazil (pt- BR), Russian (ru), Chinese simplified (zh-Hans), Chinese traditional (zh-Hant).
Step by Step:
- On an Antivirus client, navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\LDClient\Antivirus\install\loc, this folder contains language packs the Agent is able to use. Make a copy of the desired language folder. E.g. "Ja" folder stands for Japanese.
NOTE: All directories mentioned in this article may be different according to different OS or EPM/LDMS versions.
- Disable Antivirus self-defense on this Agent in order to modify folder structures in the next steps. Follow this article to know how to do this:How to Disable Self-defense in Ivanti Antivirus (Kaspersky Engine) .
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\LDClient\antivirus\kavXXX\Skin\loc, find the EN folder. Move this folder elsewhere.
NOTE: If you haven't successfully disabled self-defense, you will not be able to move this folder.
4. Move the "Ja" folder into the folder mentioned in Step 3: C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\LDClient\antivirus\kavXXX\Skin\loc. Rename the folder from "Ja" to "en". So you should have one folder named "en", and another named "en.english" now.
- Restart the machine. UI language should then be successfully changed to Japanese.
Similarly, the interface can be changed to German: