This document assumes you know how to create and run a Change Agent Settings Task, copy and rename files from the core's LDLOGON share via UNC to the client, rename files and run command lines.
This method of installing Antivirus 2017 is not recommended and should only be used in certain cases where standard install methods cannot be used. Failure of the Installation will likely result in the need to reload the OS on the device.
- Go to Agent Settings under Security>Ivanti Antivirus 2017 create and configure a new agent setting for Antivirus 2017, if not already done so, and create a Change Setting task and push the Ivanti Antivirus 2017 agent setting to the client. Make sure the task is successful.
- On the client, create a folder called: "C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\LDClient\temp_av" and "C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\LDClient\antivirus"
- On the client, navigate to the core's LDLOGON share via UNC and copy the contents of the avclientbd folder to the temp_av and antivirus folders you made in step 1.
- If you are installing on a 64bit OS. Go to the antivirus folder and delete the LDAV.exe and LDAVBD.dll files. Rename LDAV64.exe to LDAV.exe and LDAVBD64.dll to LDAVBD.dll.
- As administrator run the following command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\LDClient\Antivirus\LDAV.exe" /install
- Wait 15 mins for the install to complete. The Ivanti Antivirus 2017 icon Should appear in the system tray.
- Reboot the device. After reboot, you can delete the temp_av folder but leave the antivirus folder on the client.