Howto create a default tile layout for Windows 10 / Windows Server 2016 and use it as a template in Ivanti Workspace Control?
Ivanti Workspace Control delivers the possibility to deliver a default tile layout to users who logon for the first time in an Ivanti Workspace Control managed session. The default tile layout is used only once and is skipped if the file res10tiles.xml exists in the users Personal Settings folder.
Steps to take:
- Make sure that the user is a local administrator.
- Logon to Windows 10 managed by Ivanti Workspace Control and design your Tile Screen layout.
- Start Powershell with Run as administrator and use the command Export-StartLayout -path C:\Temp\DefaultTileLayout_Windows10.xml to export the layout.
- The result should look like the example below.
- Start Ivanti Workspace Control Console and switch to Administration > Custom Resources.
- Upload the DefaultTileLayout_Windows10.xml
- The preparation is finished and ready for usage.
- Login as a normal user and the created template is applied.
- At logoff this result will be saved as res10tiles.xml and used at next logon.
- The name needs to be DefaultTileLayout_Windows10.xml.
- DefaultTileLayout_Windows10.xml need to be in the root of the Custom Resources.
- Only one file with the same name can be uploaded.
- The file is used for all Windows 10 devices and Windows Server 2016 user sessions, no exceptions can be made.
- The default tile layout is used only once and is skipped if the file res10tiles.xml exists in the users Personal Settings folder.