Topic or Information
How to resolve a license issue on the Wavelink TelnetCE client that should be pre-licensed?
Wavelink, TelnetCE, pre-licensed client
These possible solutions will help you if you find your device has lost a license or is no longer pre-licensed for TelnetCE.
Is your device pre-licensed?
- Check Serial number and verify that the first five digits correspond to the build date: YYDDD
- For WM/CE devices you will want to make sure that your device is a Gun style device. No Short, Brick, or Rotating head devices will be pre-licensed.
- WT4xxx, VC50xx, and VC70N0 will also be pre-licensed. Check the Mfg. Date to verify for what version.
Is the client correct for the device? If not the license will not apply as expected.
- Verify the OS is either Windows Mobile, or CE (has a control panel).
- What is the Hardware model?
- Does the version of the TelnetCE PC configuration Tool reflect this in the title of the tool?
Is the version of the TelnetCE client pre-licensed for the hardware your installing it on?
- If your pre-licensed device was manufactured before 1/1/2012, then you should use the 7.0.x client.
- If your pre-licensed device was manufactured after 1/1/2012, then you should use the 7.3.x client.