Splashtop Windows Desktop Version Avalanche Silent Install and Configuration

Version 5

Verified Product Versions

Avalanche 6.1Avalanche 6.0Avalanche 6.2

Ava packages are not currently available for Windows 10 IoT

Create a .bat file for install

Below is an example of the syntax from the .bat file.  First you will define the name of and where the executable is located (will go over dropping that file further down), then that this will be a silent install.  Below you will define the server, login id, password, auto login to yes, hiding the window to the system trey at start to yes, and finally auto login requires ignoring the SSL check.

"C:/Program Files/ST_STRS00_v3.1.2.0_20161205_STE.exe" prevercheck /s /i
    sc=sc.company.com:443,[email protected],pwd=123456,autologin=1,hidewindow=1,ignoressl=1

Note: There is no space or mail icon before id=user, this shows because of Community's formatting

Package Builder

On the Package Information page give your package a name, title, set the type to Auto Run, give it a revision number and check the box for Include Post Install Script.

Also to prevent re-installation of packages include the selection criteria of Custom.property != 1.  Note:  You can sub any name for Custom.property.  In my version I'm using splashtop.version != 3.1.2

Under Package Files tab you will click Browse for Files to select the bat file and the Splashtop installer.  Be sure to set the Install Drive to C, define the Install Path which is where you will be dropping your files and set the Flag to ALWAYS for each file.

Go to the Post Install Script tab.  Set a Custom Heading for RUN, a property of RUN with the value of the path where you have placed your install.bat file.  Then add the Custom Heading of PROPERTIES.  Add a property of Custom.property with a value of 1.  This will ensure that the custom property is added to the device during install and is the second part to preventing the install from happening over and over.

Click the AVA button to build your package.  Save the cfg and the ava file that will be loaded into a software profile via Avalanche.