When clicking on the GoldMine Icon you are presented with the following error.
Error: GoldMine Standard Edition License (D-License) does not allow
to connect to the MS SQL database. Please obtain a GoldMine
Enterprise Edition License (E-License) to use GoldMine with
MS SQL. GoldMine Standard Edition License allows to use
GoldMine with Firebird databases.
When you Click OK you are prompted for the GoldMine License.
1. Open the GoldMine Application Directory on the server.
2. Find the Application Server path by opening the local GM.ini folder on the workstation. Note - The default path is C:\Program Files(x86)\Goldmine\gm.ini
3. Look for the GoldMine License file. The name should be LicenseGM94.bin for GoldMine versions after 2014 or LicenseGM.bin for previous versions.
4. There should only be 1 license file in this directory usually it will be the LicenseGM94.bin file with the most recent date.
5. You might see one of the files ending in .bix (This means GoldMine is in maintenance mode and should be changed back to .bin if maintenance is complete..
6. Create a folder called "Old Files"
7. Rename the files by adding today's date to the file type then move ALL the other files that start with the name license to the "Old Files" folder
8. If needed change the correct one from .bix to .bin
9. Reopen GoldMine
10. GoldMine should open successfully.
Please also reference the related articles that may be helpful as well:
GoldMine license file names and formats for different GoldMine versions -
Error: Waiting For Permission to Login when logging into GoldMine -
Confirmed fix 01431681 - Chris Braley