Consider the following scenario:
- Microsoft Windows 10 or Microsoft Windows Server 2016 is used.
- No or incorrect tiles are displayed in the Microsoft Windows Start Menu.
The issue can have one or more of the following causes:
- The Microsoft Windows Start menu is controlled through Microsoft Active Directory Group Policy.
- A LayoutModification.xml file is present in C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Shell on the local client.
- An alternative method is used to control the Microsoft Windows 10 Start menu.
- The PinToStart section of the pwruser.ini file has been manually altered and contains a negative number.
- An Ivanti Workspace Control user setting has been configured to capture and restore the [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\StartMenuInit] registry value.
- A Microsoft Windows start menu Tile has been resized to Wide.
- The registry key DisableTileManagement has been set to Yes in the registry under [HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\RES\Workspace Manager].
- An Ivanti Workspace Control version lower than 10.2.900.0 is used
When one of the above items is configured on the agent, Ivanti Workspace Control does not process any tiles in the user's session which could result in no or incorrectly displayed tiles.
To manage the Microsoft Windows Start Menu tiles with Ivanti Workspace Control, disable managing the Microsoft Windows 10 Start Menu with other software or settings.
Note: The attached PowerShell script can assist in verifying the configuration.