Requires Access To:
- ISM Administrator and the Configure Application console
- Service Owner role
It may be necessary to to set up Self Service such that incidents can be sent to different teams based on which service request was used to submit the incident. This is intended for situations where multiple teams need to receive generic untemplated tickets to be reviewed and categorized by staff. Only bother with this if your solution is not using templates in the service requests, which can be much more easily configured for this task but also cannot leave some fields unfilled.
Step by Step:
For the part that requires Administrator:
- Log in to Ivanti Service Manager with the Administrator role
- Open the Configure Application page
- Navigate to Business Objects → Incident → Fields
- Scroll to the entry for the Source field and click on it to open up the Source field's details
- Select 'values' under the heading Pick List to open the editor for its possible values
- Add entries for the teams to which incidents should be routed. Use a descriptive name like "Self Service <TEAM_NAME>". Localizing the name for other languages is optional.
- Once finished, close out of the value editor and go to the Forms section of Incident
- Scroll to the entry for "Incident (Incident.WebSelfService.Edit)" and copy the form for however many teams you need to route incidents to. Once again, use descriptive names for the copies such as "Incident.WebSelfService.<TEAM_NAME>.Edit"
- Go to the Business Rules section of Incident
- For each of the forms for the teams that incidents need to be routed to, go to that form in the drop-down menu and add an Initialization Rule that sets Source equal to the correct entry added to the Source Pick List for that team.
- The expression for the rule should be $(Source == "<TEAM_SOURCE>")
- Then, under the "Default" selection in the drop-down, add one Triggered Action for each team.
- Each Triggered Action will check the if the Source is equal to that of the corresponding team on object insert, then will have an action top update to object to overwrite the Team field with the correct team.
- Go to the Layouts section of Incident
- Then, copy the layout "Incident Layout 0" for each of the forms that were made
- For each copy, set the Main Form of both formView and formEdit to the corresponding form that was created
- Once that is finished for all the forms and layouts for teams that need to have incident routing, the Administrator role and Configure Application page are not necessary for the remainder of what needs to be done.
For the part that requires Service Owner:
- Log in with the Service Owner role
- Open the Request Offerings workspace
- For each team that needs incident routing, create a new Request Offering under the "Report New Incident" category
- Fill in the name and description with the appropriate information for your purpose on tab 1
- Select "Incident" as the business object and the correct object layout for the team on tab 2
- Set up the correct publishing options for your purpose on tab 3
- Publish the Request Offerings to make them visible in Self Service and Self Service Mobile.
Incidents submitted with these Service Catalog incident reports will be routed to the correct team.