This article describes how to use "Data Translation Services" to create a "Web Form" that will allow users to archive devices to "Asset Control"
Create the "Archive Asset" rule and Rule Group:
- Navigate to "Tools >> Data Analytics >> Data Translation Services"
- Expand "All Types"
- Right click "Archive Asset" and select "New Rule"
- Give the rule a name and Description then click Next.
- Ensure that the "Link Attributes:" is set to "Computer.Device ID"
- Check the box to "Delete from Management Suite" then click Finish
- Right click "User Groups" and select "Add Group" and name the group.
- Drag and drop your "Archive Web Form" Rule into this group.
Create the "Web Form" and "Web Group"
- Right Click "Barcode Web Form" and Select "New Rule"
- Give you form a Name, Description and check the box to "Create new device if not exist" then click next
- In the radial options Select "Management Suite" and "Computer Data" then click Next
- Next we are going to add 2 attributes to the form then click Finish.
- Next right click on "Barcode Web Group" and select New Rule
- Give the form a name and description
- Add the Web Form rule we created in the previous step to the selected Items
- Right click on the new form group and select Run to launch the form.