Note: This document assumes that you know how to use the Mac Terminal, file system and connect to SMB shares.
This method of installing Mac Antivirus is not recommended and should only be used as a last resort if you cannot install antivirus through a agent install or a install through Security Activity create a task and have attempted to do so first.
Note: Make sure the mac agent is installed and working on the client as before continuing.
- Connect through mac finder>Go>Connect to Server and SMB into the cores LDLogon share.
- Navigate to avclientmac. Extract the contents of "KESMacClient.zip" to the mac. Open the extacted folder and the last file listed is "install\setup\wksmac.zip". Extract the contents of this file and copy "kesmac.dmg" to the desktop.
- Go back to LDLogon on the core. In the "mac" folder copy "macav.pkg" to the desktop.
- Go to LDLogon again. In the "avclient\install\key" and copy the "ldav.key" file to the mac desktop.
- Open "kesmac.dmg" and run the package installer inside it.Note: High Sierra will require this: How to install Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Mac on macOS High Sierra (version 10.13)
- When it completes, open "Terminal" and using the CD command navigate to: /Library/Application Support/Kaspersky Lab/KAV/Binaries
- Next run the command: sudo kav addkey /Path to Key/ldav.key (Where "Path to Key" is the path to your users accounts desktop folder.)
- Open Kaspersky and check that it is now licensed properly.
- Run the "macav.pkg" on the desktop and allow it to complete.