The UWM / AppSense Management Center can be configured to send SNMP traps when an alert is generated. This is described in the Product Guide which comes with the software. However in addition to enabling the SNMP trap and installing the SNMP Service on Windows, the SNMP Service needs to be configured to send traps.
Set this up on all servers where Management Center is running.
1. Run services.msc as Administrator
2. Open up the SNMP Service
3. Go to to the Traps tab
4. Add the Community name as public
5. In the Trap destinations box, add the IP addreses or hostnames of your SNMP trap receiving machines
6. If the Management Center server is to receive the traps itself, go to the Security tab
7. Select Accept SNMP packets from any host or add an IP address or addresses to restrict it to receive traps from specific machines
8. Click OK then restart the service
A quick way to test that Alerts are sending SNMP traps is as follows.
1. In the Alerts section of the console, go to the Events within the Management Server were deleted alert. Go to Actions > SNMP and select Enable SNMP
2. Go to Home > Events and delete one event
3. Go back to Alerts, select All and you should now be able to see an Alert was generated with a corresponding Event 9707
4. An SNMP trap should have been sent when the Alert was raised. Check your SNMP trap receiver for a trap mentioning Event 9707 - an example is below