In certain scenarios you may see a reusable condition fail, specifically when:
- One of the conditions specified depends on the network being available.
- The reusable condition is referenced multiple times within your configuration.
Examples of conditions which rely on network availability include:
- User or Computer Group membership conditions.
- AD Site membership conditions.
- File or Folder exists conditions which point to a network resource.
- Custom conditions which rely on network resources.
Reusable conditions are only evaluated once per session, which is by design - further details of this can be found here - Condition Management.
If the network is unavailable the first time that this type of reusable condition runs, then the condition is evaluated 'false' - and any subsequent uses of the condition in your policy will also evaluate as 'false' - regardless of whether the network is available.
This has only been seen by support where the first reference to the reusable condition exists on the "Computer Startup" trigger - in this case we would recommend that you move the condition and associated actions to the "Network Available" trigger - which will only fire once there is a network connection.