Consider the following scenario:
- Microsoft App-V 4.6 is used in combination with Ivanti Workspace Control.
- The user logs on to a Workspace Control managed session.
In this scenario, the following error will be shown:
Program : pfwsmgr.exe
Procedure : sharedSoftGrid.fstrSGRetrievePKGName
Error (-2147024891) Access denied
Machine : <hostname>
Program will resume normal operation...
Either or both of two causes could be applicable:
- No Microsoft App-V 4.6 client is installed on the machine.
- The location for the .OSD file is not accessible from the session.
- Install the Microsoft App-V 4.6 client on the affected machine.
- Check and verify the accessibility of the location where the .OSD file(s) is/are stored from the session.
Note: This issue has been confirmed on Microsoft App-V 4.6. It may also apply to App-V 5.x.