Ivanti’s strategy and focus for the Unified Endpoint Management business line is to offer a market-leading unified endpoint management (UEM) solution to our customers. Ivanti is already recognized as a strong UEM vendor. As we bring together the strengths of Ivanti Endpoint Manager, DSM, LANrev, and Environment Manager, we will continue to maintain our strong UEM leadership and ongoing innovation for our customers.
We have identified a roadmap for convergence into a single UEM platform. This UEM platform will provide the endpoint and workspace management foundation for our Unified IT strategy. In 2017, we focused on integrating LANrev into UEM. This year we are integrating Environment Manager Policy (powered by AppSense) and building key DSM functionality into the new platform. The new solution will be referenced as Ivanti Unified Endpoint Manager (Ivanti UEM or I-UEM). DSM customers can stay on DSM or move to the new Ivanti UEM at any time.
What does this mean for DSM?
- There are no plans to end-of-life DSM.
- It is a high priority to ensure an uninterrupted path forward for our DSM customers. We will continue supporting DSM, providing regular patches and annual product releases.
- As part of the Ivanti Unified IT strategy (https://www.ivanti.com/), we are providing integration points across the product portfolio. To increase our focus and ability to execute, we have decided to create those Unified IT integrations with Ivanti UEM, which is based on the Ivanti Endpoint Manager (EPM) product.
- We are integrating key capabilities of DSM into Ivanti UEM (such as packaging workbench, eScript capabilities, driver harvesting, site determination enhancements, etc.).
- Customers who migrate to I-UEM will receive the same number of licenses and pay the same amount for maintenance. Contact your sales representative or [email protected] for more information.
Ivanti UEM includes the following features not included in DSM:
- Advanced Mac support
- Enterprise Mobility Management (Windows, macOS, iOS, Android)
- Enterprise IoT support (Raspbian/Raspberry Pi and tvOS)
- Advanced hardware and software inventory / Discovery Services
- Integrated Remote Control for Windows and Mac
- Power or energy management
- Advanced policy configuration
- Cloud hosted option
- Integration with Ivanti Asset Management
- Integration with Ivanti Operational Security
- Integration with Ivanti Service Management
- Integration with Ivanti Automation
- Integration with Ivanti Smart Advisors
DSM customers who migrate to I-UEM are also eligible for addition products. Talk to your Sales representative to learn more details about your eligibility and about the following features:
- 3rd party/multi-OS Patch Management
- Application Control
- Device Control
- Secure configuration
For customers who choose to migrate from DSM to I-UEM, we want to make the migration as easy as possible. We are working on migration tools to move DSM configuration items to I-UEM. We will also be adding key differentiating capabilities of DSM into Ivanti UEM. The first of these, which we expect to be available in the 2018.3 release (currently planned for Q4 2018), will be:
- Powershell scripting similar to eScripting
- Variable support
- MST builder
Other features we expect to build in I-UEM include:
- Driver harvesting
- UI enhancements including site groupings and state management view
- Offline installation
- Granular control of preferred server (similar to DSM depot) file/folder replication
We will work with our customers to identify additional customer requested features.
The next release of DSM is scheduled for Q4 2018. We anticipate it will include the following*:
- Packaging enhancements
- Enhanced Rights and Roles
- Updated HEAT Discovery agent handling
- Ivanti Endpoint Discovery integration
- More flexible provisioning
- Emergency stop at threshold
- 2-factor authentication
- Optimized AD import
- Native APPX install command
- Usability enhancements
- Bug fixes
We will provide more information about the UEM and DSM releases in the coming months.
* Roadmap information is subject to change and does not represent a commitment.