- With GoldMine 2018.2 and higher we have employed "Secure by Design" and "Privacy by Default" practices.
- As part of this during the upgrade or initial install of GoldMine Premium Edition 2018.2 or higher the Administrator is prompted about Database Encryption with the following option:
"GoldMine users a secure connection to access the database. Do you want to validate if the database server certificate is trusted?"
The options are:
"Yes (requires a certificate from a trusted source)"
- After the upgrade or install of 2018.2 or higher the following error shows:
"SSL Provider: The certificate chain was issued by an authority that is not trusted." >> OK
- After clicking OK the following prompt is shown for the GoldMine SQL Login:
"Please log in to the SQL database server aliased as GM20182:"
- Even if the correct SQL login credentials are keyed the initial error above will be presented causing an endless error loop.
1. Navigate to the dbailias file on the server and open the file with notepad.
2. Find the following section and entry:
3. Change the value to the opposite of what it was. Usually when the error happens the value is "no" (without the quotes), change the value to "yes" >> save the file and try to login to GoldMine again. Regardless of what the value is change it to the opposite >> save the file and try to login to GoldMine again.