Remote control sessions have a Default Timeout of 10 minutes if there is no interaction in the viewer window.
Increase the number of minutes for the timeout threshold, or set the value so that no timeout exists by using the value /a0.
The Community article How to change the Remote Control timeout length describes a couple methods to complete this task.
Using a Custom Definition to modify the timeout length for Remote Control
The attached V_INTL_LD-Remote Control- Time Out Setting.xml Custom Definition can be used to set the Timeout Length to 30 minutes and includes a STOP and START of the LANDesk Remote Control Service so that the new settings are applied.
- The Timeout settings can be modified by changing the /a30 value in the following locations in the Custom Definition:
- Rule 1 - Detection Logic \ Registry Settings \ Value Data
- Rule 1 - Patch Information \ Detecting the Patch\ Registry Settings \ Value Data
- Rule 1 - Patch Information \ Patch Installation & Removal \ Patch Install Commands\ Write a value to the registry\ valueData
- If you would like to only modify the registry key, and not restart the LANDesk Remote Control Service possibly waiting until a regularly scheduled maintenance window, remove the following two items from the Custom Definition:
- Rule 1 - Patch Information \ Patch Installation & Removal \ Patch Install Commands\ Execute a program with an ARGS that contains a /STOP
- Rule 1 - Patch Information \ Patch Installation & Removal \ Patch Install Commands\ Execute a program with an ARGS that contains a /START