This solution is for all versions of Service Desk (including 2018.1).
Requires Access To:
Configuration Center, database & Console access is required to complete these steps. SDaaS customers should open a support case to implement this solution.
Situation may arise, where Knowledgebase gets corrupted and can't be rebuilt, as rebuild tasks get stuck in queue as pending, or just fail altogether. While this is happening, Knowledgebase remains unsearchable, as indexes can't be rebuilt.
Before continuing with this procedure, please perform a full database backup.
1. In Configuration Center turn off Background Service, ensuring nothing goes through during the procedure
2. Delete all knowledge messages on the database:
DELETE FROM km_knowledge_message
3. Make sure that there are no tasks pending
4. Move the index files to another location as backup
5. In the Console, go to Knowledge Management Administration and rebuild both Knowledge and Service Catalogue
6. Start Background Service